- QA and testing
- QA Engineer
Category: QA and testing
Our QA Engineers work with our Product team to ensure our applications, for both internal and external customers, are of the highest quality.
Most importantly, we want someone who is:
- Concerned with the success of their teammates as well as themself
- Respectful towards teammates regardless of their abilities
- Able to work in a highly collaborative software development environment
- Willing to debate, obtain, and move forward with the best solution
- Always digging deeper to understand the problem space and the 'why' of your work
- Passionate about testing and release process
- Proficient communication in English both written and verbal
Day in the life of a QA Engineer at C2FO
- Plan for the week with your team on Monday during sprint planning meetings or weekly check-in meetings. We do two-week sprints
- Stay up-to-date with the company and interesting people in KC during the company all-hands meeting
- Identify Jira tickets that need to be tested and work through the acceptance criteria
- Clearly communicate defects back to your team
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code by reviewing pull requests on Github.
- Enjoy catered lunch from that day’s local restaurant (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
- Afternoons can vary depending on workload; typically they are made up of creating automated tests
- After work, hang out and play board games, enjoy camaraderie, shoot pool, or play some ping pong
- Review or create RFCs (Request For Comments) for technical debt or changes that may impact your team or other teams.
- Discuss technical designs with your team during a design document walkthrough.
- Review QA/Release processes to improve efficiencies
- Break down project details with our Product Managers.
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- Git and GitFlow
- Browser automation framework (Cypress)
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.