Commercial Roofing Project Manager – Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent beneftis program including, health, Dental Vision, Life Insurance and 401K Matching.
Commeercial Roofing Project Manager will be based out of our Fort Worth, TX location, reporting to Branch Manager.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Roofing Project Manager include:
- Attend all pre-bid site meetings to prepare accurate estimates
- Analyze and comprehend project plans, specs and details
- Analyze project financials and labor costs
- Complete thorough bid packages for clients
- Prepare takeoffs/estimates of costs of materials, labor and equipment
- Prepare and follow-up on quotations and advise on tendering procedures (including examination and analyzing of estimates)
- Establish and maintain existing relationships with Strategic Accounts (such as consultants and customers)
- Review all contracts and accepted quotations
- Write up work orders and prepare material order sheets
- Prepare and maintain a directory of product suppliers
- Review products used in projects
- Prepare construction progress schedules
- Complete responsibility for projects from start to finish
- Must know and maintain project budget and project status at all times
- Pre-plan execution of projects and develop project schedules
- Write RFIs and coordinate all communication between the client and the Company
- Coordinate with Accounting department to ensure accurate and timely billing of all projects
- Coordinate the work with other trades
- Document and create change orders to ensure payment for all extra work. Negotiate change orders with clients.
- Manage costs on projects to achieve budgeted profit margins
- Maintain coordination and communication required on projects between Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Engineers and internal project management team
Skills/Qualifications of the Commercial Roofing Project Manager include:
- Experience in the commercial roofing industry.
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Experience in Blue Beam
- OSHA 10 or 30-hour certification is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Strong project management skills are preferred
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Strong negotiation and time management skills
- Experience with a top tier general contractor preferred
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Local market knowledge preferred
Flynn Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.