Stanford Federal Credit Union (SFCU) is a top 100 mission-driven credit union serving the Stanford community (faculty, students, staff, hospitals, and alumni) as well as over 250 market leading businesses including Amazon, AT&T, Cisco, Costco, Daimler-Chrysler, Genentech, Facebook, Google, Oracle, Pinterest, Roche, Samsung, SAP, Tesla, Verizon, and many others.
You view QA engineering as on par in terms of difficulty and challenge with development engineering, and deliver accordingly.
In this role you will use your engineering experience as a Developer in Test and QA Manager/Manager of Developers in Test to help deliver best-in-breed software by working closely with a broad set of multi-functional partners including business partners, design, product management, software development, and vendors.
At SFCU, we are guided by our shared values. We thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our team serves with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our members achieve their financial goals. Together, we are on a quest to change financial services for good.
As a technical Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will lead application testing of our consumer and support staff software platforms and services.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product management, UX designers, and software development engineers to understand the overall business objectives, functional requirements, and design system requirements for our products and services
- Work with Project Management team to provide accurate estimates for testing timelines as well as manage testing resources internally and externally
- Use your considerable engineering skills to develop, document, and execute interactive and automated tests and test plans
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines and compliance requirements
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through to resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Build API test strategy and reporting solutions.
- Understand the contract between and web and backend layers and support release planning accordingly by coordinating with development and Project managers
- Identify QA test automation opportunities and work with the QA team to prioritize and deploy these tools.
- 4+ years of experience in developing software for QA test automation systems: Automated test scripts, automated test frameworks/customizations of frameworks, and automated test result reporting.
- Experience setting up and running Continuous Integration systems
- 3+ years of experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on test and remediation results
- Highly methodical and disciplined
- Familiarity with product development tools including Jira, Confluence, InVision, SmartSheets, Microsoft Office, Visio
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Experience working with multiple third-party software platform vendors
- Up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Monitor debugging process results
- Some knowledge of SQL to verify data in the database
- Experience with online financial services including account opening, deposit accounts, credit cards, mortgage/personal/business lending, bill payment, personal financial management, etc.
- Experienced managing QA testing and acceptance criteria for vendor delivered functionality, both platform vendors and contract developers
- Ability to evaluate new test automation options and QA tools, assess contractor support options, mentor and develop QA personnel as well as employee testers
- Ability to train our development team and vendors on best practices on multiple dimensions of functional and non-functional testing: unit, component, integration, system, smoke, interface, regression, beta, performance, load, stress, security, compatibility, recovery, etc.
- Ability to set up and configure test environments along the lines of dev, test, uat, and staging.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Some of our Benefits for You:
- 100% paid for employee medical/vision/dental/life insurance premiums
- Quarterly bonuses
- 5% employer 401(k) matching
- Annual 401(k) profit sharing contribution
- Up to $500 per year in health/fitness benefits
- Employee recognition program and benefits
- Paid Sick Time and Vacation
- Federal/banking holidays
- Ongoing training and education, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Employee discount loan program (auto/mortgage/credit card depending on eligibility)
- Flex health/transit plan availability
- Employee carpool benefit (for certain geographies)
If you are ready for this awesome opportunity (or know somebody who is) please contact us today!