Candidates must be from the Maryland/DC area.
The resource shall develop, administer, enhance, maintain and support GIS System from an enterprise IT perspective as well as support the integration of other systems and third-party utilities as needed.
· Review of the current environment and identify all aspects of current usage and prepare for the future direction of IT support.
· Coordinate an upgrade from the current version to the newest version and identify all tasks included with the sunsetting of Google Earth in our environment.
· Coordinate with various vendors supporting the current GIS tasks to support various business units.
· Assist in training various IT support personnel as needed.
· Digitize small-scale and large-scale projects using digitizing techniques and generate maps with large vector datasets
· Perform attributing spatial and tabular data
· Create, adjust, correct, manage, convert and distribute base maps and thematic data layers Project and transform geospatial raster and vector data sets
· Reformat, perform georeferencing, and rectify geospatial vector data to project specific base maps, i.e., digital orthophoto
· Code and edit digital points, lines and polygons
· Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control of GIS data
· Perform GPS and data collection
· Provide topology development
· Manage and edit large vector/raster datasets within ArcGlS / Microsoft SQL Server Manage datasets in GIS
Must have administrative skills, development experience, and hands-on experience with installing GIS Servers and ArcGIS.
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.