- Business / Management
- Engineering Manager
Category: Business / Management
This job post has expired
But wait! We have some similar jobs for you!
Leads and supervises team of manufacturing engineers engaged in manufacturing process development, production support and tool design/planning. Schedule and prioritize individual team members’ workload based on operational requirements and personnel skills/ability. Review and approve customer supplied product designs (including any design changes) for compliance with engineering principles, organizational standards and industry/customer specifications requirements. Support quoting and estimating activities related to new business development. Support continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. Kaizen events) to maintain and improve cost, quality and delivery metrics. Interface closely with the Quality and Operations team members to maintain and improve company procedures, MSOP’s and standard work instructions. Plan and manage the introduction of new products into regular production from receipt of purchase order through concurrent engineering with customer’s product design teams, LRIP and full rate.
Essential Functions & Tasks:
- Review and approve customers’ product design (including engineering design change flow downs etc.) for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards and industry/customer specification requirements.
- Develop, verify and validate new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate and analyze manufacturing process, product, materials and/or equipment specifications and performance requirements with company capabilities. Coordinate with other departments to resolve design, supplier and production issues.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and projects, prepare work schedules of employees engaged in production tool planning and programming. Ensure planning and tooling schedules meet output demand.
- Analyze and solve problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to a wide range of complex or advanced problems. Proactively address resource issues to ensure project timelines are met.
- Provide day to day supervision and support, to include recruiting, managing, training and development, evaluating performance and providing employee discipline in the assigned areas.
- Initiate and complete technical activities leading to new or improved products or processes for current or next generation programs.
- Research new manufacturing technology to improve productivity, cost and responsiveness. Recommend and implement changes to improve operational efficiency and/or quality standards.
- Prepare, review and translate 3 dimensional models and/or drawings into format compatible with system capabilities.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for processes. Develop and configure performance measurement tools utilizing queries, spreadsheets and engineering software tools.
- Reduce product and process variation using data analysis and continuous improvement methods.
- Collaborate with appropriate department on product quality issues and resolve production problems to maximize product quality and reliability.
- Participate, identify and facilitate Continuous Improvement activities e.g. Kaizen events to improve cost/quality/delivery metrics.
- Work with various other Senior divisions to share best practices and implement process improvements as applicable.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, work overtime when necessary, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, work safely, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive feedback, establish goals and objectives, and exhibit initiative and commitment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-8 years manufacturing process experience. Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement. Process improvement and Project management experience required. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes including, but not limited to, knowledge of machines, tools and fabrication/machining of exotic metals. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Knowledge of raw materials and production processes used in aerospace metal component manufacturing. Proficiency with solid modeling and engineering documentation development.
Job Source: Ziprecruiter
(Will expire by: 2019-06-12 00:00:00
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.