Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge
and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the
software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on
internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements,
including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical
manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as
a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,
skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design
and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and
technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
© Techie Jobs 2017. All rights reserved.