About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Manager of Community who will create and execute a bottoms up strategy for our community locally that will drive brand awareness, engagement and acquisition through community building. This person will play a critical role in scaling local ambassador programs, and creating meaningful brand and community building experiences that connect like-minded women and drive viral growth. In this highly collaborative and cross-functional role, you will play a critical role in building the brand on the ground.
- Responsible for creating a scalable, measurable and repeatable community strategy to drive engagement, awareness, WOM marketing and acquisition
- Identify & create relationships to drive brand awareness and adoption with key women in local markets & communities (Women of Influence, Customers, Corporate)
- Develop Brand Ambassador guidelines and toolkits that allow program to scale. Work with our BA’s customers to become key story tellers for the brand and create UGC content
- Create community groups for brand ambassadors that facilitate and spark word of mouth conversation about the brand and a platform to communicate with each other and the brand
- Build community engagement programming strategy and source and manage local partnerships in both stores and local markets to drive awareness and ongoing engagement
- Manage budgets for Local Marketing Programs (BA, events, local partnerships)
- Manage and develop local community managers across the country
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (paid, earned & owned) on an integrated 360-marketing process to ensure that ambassador, local partnership and experiential efforts work together
- Collaborate with content and creative teams to build messaging/creative strategy for local community events and ambassador campaigns
- Integrate community strategy into our local stores and guide the store teams in their community relationships and activations
- Responsible for analyzing both qualitative and quantitative insights that we’re collecting on the ground and creating a weekly report to share with the organization
- Frequent travel to local cities to engage our BA community
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years of experience in marketing, strategic partnerships role and/or building and scaling a community or membership program
- You are a community builder, both digitally and IRL. You are driven and thrive by by scaling community and love people.
- Customer - centric approach to everything
- Demonstrated leadership and team management experience - can inspire, motivate and lead high-performing teams
- Ability to create effective messaging strategies and tell compelling stories about our products and business to any audience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work cross-functionally across all teams
- Ability to think on your feet and move quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic mindset and understanding of how community impacts business strategy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, is a true hustler and ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment