Job Order: Senior Java Developer ~ Salesforce - Unlimited EditionPosition Summary
Healthedge is looking for a Senior Java Developer who is passionate about solving real world business problems to join our team. As a Senior member of the team, you will be working on developing solutions that help our customers integrate with our product suite. You will be working as a problem solver with plenty of unique assignments within the department. You will be a key member involved with design discussions, coding on the backend and working heavily with the database and J2EE/integration technologies.
You will be an experienced Java developer with background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) concepts and development. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and development within Java, on the WebLogic Application Server platform. You will be involved in all phases of software development including: requirements definition, design, architecture, development, testing, and integration to bring cutting edge technologies to market.
HealthEdge provides the only modern, enterprise-class software platform for healthcare payors. Using the patented HealthRules software suite, health plans, health insurance companies, and other payors can finally respond to new business opportunities and market changes in hours, not months or years, while drastically reducing both IT and operational costs. Leveraging an investment of over $125 million, HealthRules is the most modern, scalable, and cost-effective technology in the industry. HealthEdge is the only choice for payors to survive and thrive in the emerging healthcare economy. Responsibilities
- Work as part of agile team to implement new features according to the requirements while adhering to the best coding development standards
- Conduct detailed designs and lead design whiteboarding and creation of solution architecture.
- Lead in work-breakdown of tasks
- Lead peer reviews of design and code
- Coordinate release management and bug triaging.
- Lead Technical discussions with HealthEdge Customers to find the best possible solutions.
- Conduct bug fixing, Implement configuration migration process and other UAT readiness technical task
- Perform data loads for UAT readiness and during UAT as requested by the UAT plan
- Supports resolution of UAT identified issues and their triage.
- Contributes authoring the Implementation Operational Information and (for Support team) and companion spreadsheet for feeds
- Performs configuration migration process and another PROD readiness technical task
- Performs data loads for PROD readiness.
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
- BS/BA in CS or related field.
- Excellent analysis, consulting and communication skills.
- Previous experience with in customer-facing roles on professional services engagements.
- Minimum of 6 years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies.
- Hands-on experience with XML, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, etc.), JMS, and SQL.
- Experience in complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration of software products into complex IT environments
- Development experience on the Linux operating system and Weblogic Application Server.
- Experience working with integration middleware or enterprise system bus (ESB) technologies such as iWay, Spring or Apache Camel and OSGI containers like Apache Karaf.
- Experience with Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns, including file transfers, messaging, routing, transforming, enriching, etc.
- Experience with source control software (Bitbucket), unit testing (JUnit), and build automation/CI (Jenkins).
- Experience in the health insurance industry (Payors) preferred.
- Experience with agile development methodology such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Travel for this position is typically less than 10 %