ProSight is looking for experienced and motivated candidates who combine strategic thinking, creativity, and technical skills to drive results at a fast growing, dynamic company. ProSight’s business model focuses on specific customer niches and delivers a competitive advantage through a deeper understanding of the customer and superior underwriting execution.
ProSight is implementing a new policy administration system, Premiere Policy, using Duck Creek Policy Administration platform. Duck Creek Rating Configurator is a key part of ProSight’s Premiere team to build current and new business programs and insurance products using Accenture Duck Creek Policy Administration System (commercial line templates).
This role will have responsibility for being the technical expert in implementing rating algorithms or raters, forms and coverages for new or existing products using Duck Creek platform and for ensuring that the technology solutions to meet the program specifications. Candidate will partner with the delivery leads, actuarial team, underwriters, and business analysts to understand business objectives and then design, develop, and implement optimal solutions for on-boarding current and new products/business programs onto Premiere system and aid during QA and user testing.
Candidate should have the capability to provide high-valued solutions and implement innovative ways to meet delivery and quality expectations and overcome issues. Deliverables will go through a design and code review process.
- Build new or modify existing code to meet business and system requirements, with limited assistance from senior developers
- Build raters using Duck Creek Product Studio or the Author tool
- Modify workflow and/or pages to implement the rating, coverages, program and forms requirements
- Collaborate with the business partners and users to understand expected functionality to be implemented in the system, in partnership with business and production support analysts
- Partner with quality assurance resources to ensure that functionality is working as expected
- Setup tables with required factors and build required rules for new or existing products
- Implement products using black-box rating for complex raters or Duck creek commercial lines template rating for simple rating algorithms
- Liaises with enterprise architect and delivery partners to ensure code merge procedures and principles are followed diligently and for design activities
- Support the development of D2C products by configuring the products in the system
- Support the introduction of DevOps practices and tools to improve velocity of delivery
- Drive the execution of other key systems development initiatives
- Develops and maintains data documentation and metadata models.
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical production defects and defects reported as part of program implementation efforts
- Design, develop and implement enhancements that are required for the system
- Work with the deployment team to ensure releases are done across different environments
- Design, develop, unit test, debug, support and document changes, adhering to development standards; Perform unit and system testing and aid during QA and user testing
- Experience with P&C insurance is required
- 5+ years of hands on development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Accenture Duck Creek policy administration team.
- Experience implementing business requirements using EXAMPLE Author and Product Studio
- Fluency in Accenture Duck Creek components used by the Policy Administration system for software platforms ranging from 5.x and above: EXAMPLE Express, EXAMPLE Author, EXAMPLE Server, EXAMPLE UserAdmin, EXAMPLE Forms and EXAMPLE TransAct
- Experience working with Actuarial team is preferred
- Experience in implementing algorithms and rules for different products/lines of business
- Experience in policy administration functions for P&C operations (e.g. rates, rules, process design, product design and core platform processing)
- Experience building a black box rating engine and integrating with Duck Creek templates
- Highly analytical and structured thinking, with the innate curiosity and creativity to conceive unorthodox solutions to problems
- Experience with Excel, Word and/or XML is required
- Strong customer orientation
- Embraces new challenges and develops innovative solutions to problems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.