Digital Experience Engineering - Full Stack Software Engineer 3
At Asurion, we don’t just redefine—we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn’t confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It’s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
The Digital Experience Engineering team is responsible for building the systems that support our Device Protection customer interactions in the digital channels, including web and communications. We focus on providing a great and efficient user experience, helping our customers get back up and running when things have gone wrong.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We work in small, empowered teams that have clear goals and success measures, and leverage the creativity of all members of the team.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for engineers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Who’s a great match for us?
- Highly-motivated, full-stack engineers with experience in development, design and architecture, who are passionate about developing great software and love solving hard problems.
- We’re using Lean Startup methodologies, which means we’ll need you to be agile and data-driven too.
What You’ll Do
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation, our partners and our customers
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other engineers on a small, focused and empowered team
- Develop effective, scalable and maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques; assists with establishing standards
- Become a subject matter expert whose ideas and input are highly valued by the team
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Take an active role in the quality of the application using test-driven development principles; develop automated unit and end-to-end test cases to validate defect-free code
What You Bring to the Team
- At least 3 years (5 years is preferred) of experience building modern web applications and back-end services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Object-oriented design experience and/or functional design experience
- Experience working in a modern, agile software development lifecycle using tools like Jira, LeanKit or Trello
- Experience with Git and tools like Github, Bitbucket, or GitLab is preferred
- Experience with Lean, data-driven techniques is a big plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- A desire to be a full-stack engineer
- Commanding grasp of HTML5, CSS3 and related web technologies
- Experience testing with Jest, Ava, Mocha, and/or Jasmine
- Experience with Reactive Programming, building single page web applications, and building scalable, multithreaded web applications
- Experience with responsive web application design and development practices
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- A passion for keeping the front-end lean and fast, while ensuring that all features are a pleasure to use
- XML, JSON and YAML Expertise
- Experience building SOAP or RESTful services with Java, Scala, or Node.js
- Broad expertise in Java technologies, including JDBC, JPA, JMS, JAXP, JAXB, annotations is preferred
- Experience integrating with leasing SQL and NoSQL based database systems, such as MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB or similar
- A passion for software architecture, and great experience designing APIs that are a joy to use
- Familiarity with AWS services, including Lambda, EC2, ECS, Route53, Elasticsearch, ELBs/ALBs, and IAM is a plus
- Experience with microservices architectures and developing high-performance systems