The JMT Technology Group is seeking an innovative Senior Applications Developer with superior architecture and development skills who can communicate effectively and work well with the team. The selected candidate will be part of the effort to produce applications for government, commercial and non-profit organizations of all sizes, and scopes of varying complexities. This includes scoping, estimating, architecting, developing, testing and deploying applications while mentoring junior team members to reach their full potential. The JMT Technology Group utilizes innovative technologies such as HTML5, Angular, Ember.js, Pattern Lab, GIT, ArcGIS Server 10.5, Oracle12, Hadoop, and more.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead in the architecture, design, and implementation of web and mobile applications
- Create high-quality mobile, web and desktop solutions, demonstrating your ability to apply skills utilizing best practices while meeting project deadlines.
- Working from static application mockups, wireframes, and functional requirements, develop solutions that are bug-free and meet the acceptance criteria defined for each project.
- Collaborate with project managers, business and systems analysts, UX designers, application developers and quality assurance team to deliver high-quality deliverables.
- Provide expertise to the group with regards to enterprise data strategies, such as data quality, data flows, data warehousing, big data, data analytics, and data science.
- Research and implement newer technologies as they become available.
- Non-business hours support may be required on a rotating schedule for urgent and critical issue resolution
- Coordinate with customer IT staff to deploy solutions
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with team members, customers and consulting partners from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- 8+ years of web programming/architecture experience with a wide range of technologies
- 1+ years of experience with Angular
- 5+ years of experience writing and consuming web services in .NET technologies
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile development methodology
- Experience developing GIS based web applications with ESRI ArcGIS JS API, Leaflet, and/or OpenLayers preferred
- Experience in solution design, architecture, and hands-on development, testing, and deployment of complex Big Data Applications utilizing a variety of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop(Cloudera), Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hive, Flume, Spark, Kafka, and Solr preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job-Focused Learning
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.