Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology and Product Security (TPS) is the core Cybersecurity team at Comcast. TPS is composed of a team of transformative security professionals expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't simply about defending our network and systems, it's about transforming the Cybersecurity efforts across our company. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us!
Broadly regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key roles, on the boards of national and community-based organizations, and in a number of Federal and Legislative initiatives. We have spent decades investing in the technology and information security capabilities that help us protect and defend our company; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best thinking. The world will never be the same. And neither should you.
The DevOps Engineer of the Security Intelligence & Data Analytics (SIDA) team is responsible for supporting the infrastructure needs for the TPS organization. The engineer needs to be comfortable working with multiple technology stacks and automation frameworks to facilitate rapid scaling and repeatable infrastructure.
The DevOps Engineer will need to demonstrate technical expertise and leadership in configuration management tools, logging and monitoring technologies, and best practices in designing and implementing robust infrastructure. As the DevOps Engineer of TPS, the ultimate goal is to provide products that are scalable, reliable, automated, and secure for all Comcast product stakeholders in the organization.
- Responsible for the infrastructure that supports Comcast products and systems
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in designing, architecting, optimizing, and implementing robust and scalable infrastructure for the TPS organization
- Contributes configuration management code and documentation for secure infrastructure that supports products that perform data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across a broad portion of the big data tools and frameworks
- Help identify gaps and improves the existing security platform to improve quality, robustness, scalability, and security
- Implement monitoring, alarming, and generation of statistics and KPIs to measure effectiveness of infrastructure
- Must have a solid understanding of system design and architecture with a focus on high availability, scalability, disaster recovery, and automation.
- Strong Experience with operations or secure system administration, particularly with Unix/Linux
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or SaltStack
- Experience with building and prototyping infrastructure using local virtualization tools (e.g.Vagrant, Test Kitchen, Molecule)
- Experience with monitoring, alarming, and visualization technologies (e.g. Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), Sensu, Nagios, Monit, Grafana, Prometheus) properly manage the health of infrastructure
- Experience in using DevOps tools and methodologies to automate the configuration of hosting environments, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Fluency in acquiring data securely from APIs, data queues, flat-file, and remote DB sources as well as creating and modifying APIs for downstream consumers and data transformation
- Familiarity of information/network security detection tools, logging systems, network architecture, and threat intelligence
- Familiarity with IP networking concepts (TCP/IP, packet capture analysis), a plus
- 2+ years working in a system administration role
- 2+ years working in a Linux operations and infrastructure environment
- 2+ years related experience in security
- Optional Certification(s): CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, RHCE, CEH
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.