Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the
planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages
projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements,
and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct
testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering
performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may
include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter
guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to
drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting
of departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications,
including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments
in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary
point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and
applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares
periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports
findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments
within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work
performance reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to Company
standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.