Location: Colorado Springs, CO (Preferred); Remote is an option
Red Rock Tech Solutions is a growing, entrepreneurial, passenger transportation software development company. We use a custom-built platform to dispatch, track, and report on thousands of trips for our customers every single day. We are pushing boundaries in databases, mapping, scheduling, routing, and optimization.
We are looking for a great Software QA Analyst who is well-rounded and passionate about ensuring the quality of our solutions, being an advocate for the end users, and anything else they do. You will be expected to know how to do lots of stuff (or to learn it quickly) – boredom should not be a problem.
- Review recommended enhancements/additions for incorporation into our products/services
- Help craft requirement specifications that are testable
- Design test plans and scripts from project requirements
- Research & coordinate resolution of issues related to solution quality, consistency & utility
- Maintain accurate tracking of issues and work items
- 1+ years within Software QA discipline (or 3+ years in the Software Development Industry)
- Experience with breaking programs & systems built by others
- Solid understanding of QA processes, methodologies and best practices
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with VSTS
- Experience in product development/requirements specification creation
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with transportation related technologies
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project Managers towards a common goal
The other requirements (hard to quantify, but important nonetheless):
- Being passionate is important... the solutions you vet help support our aggressive growth as a company. We want you to own the projects you work on, and make them the best they can be. Transportation is an exciting field, and we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will end up working with people other than developers & technical team members (end users, company management, etc.).
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.
Team Size / Dynamics
- You will be working with a small distributed team: other QA members, and a variety of technical team members (systems- and developer- groups, DBAs, and PMs)
- We are collaborative workers, and use Kanban for task management, and daily Stand Up meetings for coordination
- We are heavily invested in Microsoft technology with Windows Server, .NET, and SQL Server serving as the foundation for our systems
- We maintain & develop solutions on a variety of platforms, including mobile, web, and desktop
About Red Rock Tech Solutions, LLC
Red Rock Tech Solutions (a division of American Logistics Company, LLC) is a growing, entrepreneurial, software development company in the passenger transportation industry. We use a custom-built platform to dispatch, track, and report on thousands of trips for our customers every single day. We are pushing boundaries in databases, mapping, scheduling, routing, and optimization.
Comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan (with Employer Match), Vacation/Sick Time, and Paid Holiday.
Red Rock Tech Solutions (a division of American Logistics Company, LLC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.