Research & Data Warehouse Analyst Senior IT Analyst classification
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 11/5/2018
The District Information Systems Department of the West Valley - Mission Community College District is now accepting applications for a full-time District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Information Technology or assigned Supervisor, the District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst will provide technical and functional expertise on the analysis, development, implementation, training, and operation of the District's “official” data repository for reporting and research, and of peripheral information delivery and support systems.
The District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst works closely with District and College Administrators, District and College committees, the Data Management Advisory Council (DMAC ), and College research personnel to guide the collection, generation, and use of institutional data for internal, external, and governmental reporting needs. Often working with conflicting priorities and under challenging deadlines, the District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst must be able to exercise diplomacy, tact, and patience, in addition to being able to analyze, troubleshoot, and rectify data loading, transformation, and/or presentation issues for the purpose of insuring excellent quality in the data and information generated.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse employee and student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of January 2019. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA ), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit, in the Senior Information Technology Analyst classification.
Work Location: District Information Systems department, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
• $8,560 – $9,393 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Senior Information Technology Analyst classification, Range 84, Steps A-C).
• Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
• Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
• District provided life insurance.
• 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
• 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
• 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
• Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
• Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
• $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
• CalPERS retirement.
• Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field.
3. Experience: Two years of responsible journey experience similar to Information Technology Analyst with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, prioritize and review the work of staff assigned to a variety of technology systems.
• Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications.
• Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
• Determine requirements, design, build, test, implement, maintain and enhance complex technology and business systems related to area of assignment.
• Research available solutions and procure technology related equipment or services; research specifications and costs; research and prepare technical and administrative reports.
• Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that systems and programs are tested and debugged.
• Determine proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency.
• Analyze, detect, identify and correct complex technical problems and deficiencies; integrate complex systems for inter-operability over multiple platforms and technologies.
• Act as liaison between vendors, technical support and departments to resolve complex problems related to area of assignment.
• Participate on committees; answer questions and provide expertise related to area of assignment.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
• Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1310396
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
© Techie Jobs 2019. All rights reserved.