We digitize the oldest industry in the world - agriculture - to support farmers in making better use of their limited resources and improve their management & organization.
At our AgTech startups & ventures of Yara International you will enjoy the culture & pace of a startup with serious backing & support of a leading provider of crop nutrition solutions to 20 million farmers across 160 countries.
In an effort to scale and internationalize our application, we’d love to extend our current team: Working closely with our colleagues in Backend, Mobile as well as PM we enjoy the contentment that comes out of knowing that we build something meaningful, something that makes life of farmers easier.
We care about crafting a quality product for the long-term and value continuous learning and teaching over many years of experience. We follow a data-driven process and iterate quickly whenever necessary.
Join us in our mission to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet by building the most recommended software in agriculture worldwide.
Reasons to join trecker.com
- Challenging tasks that enable you to grow & excel: next year we want to include data from drones and other sensors
- Cutting-edge tech stack, great test coverage, high code quality & multiple deploys per day
- Meaningful product: The chance to revolutionize an entire sector & change the lives of millions
- No-Worries package: Permanent contract + above average compensation package e.g. company pension, moving aid
- Transparency: Know what's going on! In a weekly all-hands meeting we share business information openly
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option + 31 days of vacation
- Personal development: Large development opportunities e.g. Tech talks, conferences, team meetups, inhouse workshops etc.
- Great team: Join a passionate team & fun company events such as a trip to the Baltic Sea
- As frontend engineer you develop a sense of ownership for frontend code
- You write clean, testable, scalable and maintainable code that complies with web standards and best practices
- You improve development knowledge/skills of the team by pair programming, teaching best practices and by doing code reviews
- You share your experience in building large-scale single-page applications and work on RESTful APIs and websockets
- You support the team with your knowledge in designing frontend architecture and build processes
- Plan, architect and integrate frontend functionality in collaboration with backend, frontend, mobile developers and PM
You fit perfectly if you
- Have BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Have 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Familiarity with native mobile development (iOS/Android) and/or web backend development (RoR, Golang) would be a bonus
- Have prior experience with source control tools – Git, Github
- Are comfortable with agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Speak code and English fluently – German knowledge is a plus
Our current tech stack: Rails 5x, Go, React, iOS Swift 4, Android, Postgres, ElasticSearch, REST api, Microservices, Realtime web, AWS, Grape, Webpack, Swagger, Jira
We are looking forward to speaking with you!