Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Single-Family Technology team in Reston, VA is currently searching for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Angular2x, Java, AWS) with a passion for building awesome UI to design/develop customer-centric applications and take part in the Digital Transformation Initiatives for one of our Flagship products (Desktop Underwriter).
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
5+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Must have experience building SPA’s with Angular 2 or above
- 5+ years of Java/JEE and RESTful API experience
- Experience building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with React.js, Node.js, or similar JS Framework
- SAFe experience
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI / CD)
- Unix Scripting
- Experience with PostgreSQL
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.