Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done?
We are changing the way we build software and we want you to be part of it!The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be a key member of the Web & Mobile Development team working with John Hancock’s Brand and Marketing Web team and others supporting various John Hancock web properties utilizing the Adobe Experience Manager platform.
We are looking to quickly build out and evolve into a Center of Excellence for enterprise branding initiatives.You will collaborate with UX Designers, Product Owners, Content Authors and IT partners to iterate on design, development and implementation in support of our web-platform and initiatives.
You will Work with back-end development team, product management and business partners and other IT resources to design and build out our content delivery platform (AEM) utilizing a responsive mobile-first approach to the development.If you are passionate about delivering value and excited to see the successful implementation of the products we deliver, we would like to hear from you!
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Develop clean, maintainable, readable code that is scalable and secure. Participate in design and code reviews to ensure the same.
- Understand and implement cross-browser compatibility
- Design and develops pages, templates and components with which a content author interacts to build the desired user experience as communicated by the product owners and UX designers.
- Develop choices around component design to promote re-use with the flexibility needed for cross-site teams to create an experience that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Promote and advance the use of site-wide style guides and template development
- Resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations.
- Development and presentation of POCs/ prototypes to a large audience and key partners of Product as and when require
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblock
NICE TO HAVE/DEFINITE EDGE:
- BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- UI development skills with a strong portfolio; up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as GIT or SVN and of agile development practices
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively; experience in building prototype; experiment with new technologies
- Willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- Knowledge of Angular, AngularJS or React, Test Driven Development framework, Java or other backend development language
- Component development, especially using Touch UI, in Adobe Experience Manager 6.2+, a strong plus
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.