Capital One Plano campus sits in the middle of the “tech hub” that Plano, TX has become. With industry-leading technology and innovations, world class benefits, a "tech first" & diverse culture, exponential career growth, leadership and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry. We’re looking for passionate technologists in the world of Software Development across Financial Services Technology groups #FStech in: Capital One Auto Finance, Dealer Services, Customer Integration, Platform Services, Loan Origination, and more!
The Tech Stack:
Java / J2EE, Spring Boot, Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack (EC2, S3, ECS, and RDS to name a few), React.JS, AngularJS or Angular 2.x +, Containerization with Docker, CICD, Kafka, Node.js, Python, Scala, GoLang, and much more!
Capital One is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Java Developer, who will bring a passion and a strong sense of ownership in full lifecycle software development in a cloud environment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- are self-motivated
- bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- drive design, implementation, testing, and release in an agile environment, using modern methodologies and open source tools
- are a developer at-the-core, but you have a great understanding of best practices and a variety of architectural standards
- lead and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, whether it’s for a complex new feature or a simple bug fix
- build a complete application from the database development to the front-end / UI with nothing more than a conceptual understanding, and visual designs, as needed.
- constantly learn and grow your skills.
- work well and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
- work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- bring your passion and expertise in “best practices” of web application architecture, with a focus on the extensibility of a growing front-end codebase
- encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, “outside-of-the-box” thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- own and perform application testing, validation, and documentation.
- document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- identify opportunities for improvement.
- At least 7 years of experience full-stack software development (SDLC)
- At least 5 years’ experience with Java / J2EE development
- At least 4 years’ experience with core Spring framework
- At least 5 years’ experience creating REST / RESTful webservices and API’s
- At least 2 years’ experience in hands-on Microservices architecture
- At least 2 years’ experience with AngularJS or Angular 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x
- At least 3 years of AWS cloud development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- 8+ years’ experience with full-stack Java / J2EE development in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years’ experience with Java 1.5 +
- 3+ years’ experience of hands-on Spring Boot development
- At least 3 years’ experience with TypeScript development in Angular 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x
- At least 4 years’ experience development with AWS
- At least 2 years’ experience developing in Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, or other)