As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you'll work on a highly visible virtual assistant project using cutting-edge open source technology. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Scala, REST, JSON, Kafka, Akka, Docker, Ruby, NoSQL databases, Chef, Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure. You're a visionary thinker and technology disruptor, capable of bringing your ideas into production in a proactive manner.
- Develop and support J2EE applications using technologies including but not limited to: REST, Scala, Kafka, Akka, Docker, Ruby, Spring (MVC, Dependency Injection, Spring Batch, Micro services), Apache Tomcat
- Integrate Java based applications with Relational (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Advance best practices with the engineering team through participation in design and reviews
- Work in Kanban/Agile environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Java programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Scala, Akka or Kafka functional programming
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of experience with Docker
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.