This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is a digital service with millions of users around the world, and our AWS-powered platform is the backbone of all our engineering efforts.
We need you to help make this backbone robust, extend its capabilities, and educate and empower our developers to use it.
On top of that, as Blinkist is going global, we want to distribute our infrastructure worldwide to provide the best experience to users no matter what country they’re in.
You will join our backend team of 6 and work closely with our current DevOps engineers.
As one of our DevOps/Systems Engineers, you will:
To do this, we believe you should have:
- Extend and improve our container-based AWS infrastructure, managed with Terraform
- Automate ruthlessly to ensure a resilient, self-tuning system setup (no 24/7 support necessary)
- Educate developers across the company and provide them with the tools to use the platform autonomously and safely (self-serve infrastructure)
- Curate our CI/CD pipelines and make them bulletproof to allow our developers to build, deploy and run features in a stable way and quickly
- Develop systems and processes to enable Blinkist to seamlessly distribute its backend applications worldwide
What’s in it for you?
- At least two years hands-on experience in development/operations environments
- Experience and interest in programming, ideally in Go, Python or Shell
- Knowledge of AWS and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD practices and systems like Jenkins, CircleCI, or TravisCI
- Clear communication skills and a diligent mindset: you consider documentation a critical feature, not a nice-to-have
- A constant will to learn and grow, and to share knowledge with others
- A passion for collaboration
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of DevOps, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!