As a Software Engineer at MojoTech:
You are committed to high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You’re comfortable working closely with product managers, designers, and clients, to ensure the focus is on quickly delivering valuable working software to clients and their users. You’re pragmatic and agile, and have a strong desire to improve yourself and improve those around you.
You will get to:
- Use progressive technologies to build high quality software for our clients
- Constantly evaluate new technologies and ways to solve our clients hardest challenges
- Build and deploy 12-factor apps as part of a collaborative project team
- Contribute to never-ending improvement and the advancement of our craft
- Use dedicated time contribute to opensource software and side projects
- Work on multiple projects throughout the course of a year, but only one at time
- Create large scale distributed systems using microservices, when something simpler won’t suffice
- Care about building software that helps real users solve real problems in better ways
- Build with and learn the latest tools and tech, and how to responsibly use them for our clients
- Automate all the tedious parts of software delivery, so that we can focus on the actual hard parts
- Have strong opinions about what makes software good and bad
- 3+ years experience building web and/or mobile applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of version control (Git) and code documentation
- Proficiency designing and implementing efficient RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experience scaling applications with containers and container orchestration frameworks
- Proficiency with RoR, Clojure, Elixir and/or front-end MVC frameworks
- Proficiency with mobile development; Android or iOS
- Exposure to leadership roles, particularly on a development team
- Experience working in an agency or as a software consultant
- Contributed to open source projects or presented at a conference
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
Relocation assistance may be offered to exceptional candidates.
MojoTech is a growing team of ambitious, authentic, smart, pragmatic people. Our mission is to practice engineering excellence, to foster an enjoyable environment that allows everyone to reach their potential, to work in a sustainable way, and to help our clients succeed.
We design and engineer distributed systems and mobile applications for big, and soon-to-big companies – helping enterprises move faster, and startups build smarter.
Learn more about our culture and comprehensive benefits here: https://www.mojotech.com/jobs/
Learn more about our engineering approach and philosophy here: https://www.mojotech.com/engineering/
MojoTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.