There is incredible excitement and urgency around cyber security software right now. Protecting the world’s intellectual property is an imperative and Carbon Black is at the forefront of this market, providing solutions that protect industry and thought leaders in the Commercial, Retail and Government sectors.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our developer relations team in support of our growing Carbon Black Developer Network. As a core member of this team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring developers at our customers and partners truly leverage our products as platforms. You’ll serve as a developer advocate, building and documenting APIs, creating custom integrations and connectors, and supporting advanced customers building their own applications that leverage our data and capabilities.
The ideal candidate is someone who understands both security stacks and software engineering. Strong communication skills are a must, as this position involves equal parts development and documentation/coordination with both internal and external organizations. Versatility, technical breadth, and the ability to juggle various tasks are more important than deep software engineering experience. Experience designing and building APIs, supporting customers, and working with security products is desired.
The large majority of what you build will be open sourced. You’ll be writing and supporting API bindings, example add-ons, and connectors that will be used directly in production by customers and partners as well as form the basis for those building their own enhancements.
This is a unique chance to write open source professionally, enhance current and build brand new APIs and bindings, all while working with advanced customers and exciting partners in the cyber security space.
If you are:
- Ready for your next challenge
- A versatile full-stack engineer that wants to work on all layers of the stack
- Experienced creating RESTful APIs
- A strong developer with experience creating idiomatic Python based API bindings
- Familiar with Linux, Windows, OSX, and mobile platforms
- Familiar with security stack use cases and integrations
- Familiar with concepts like forensics, detonation, alerting, and threat feeds
- Fluent in open source platforms and technologies, including using GitHub for sharing open source code, continuous integration and testing platforms, and automated build/deployment systems
- Can troubleshoot issues and professionally deal with customers and partners
- A strong communicator who can accurately and concisely distill complex technical details into blogs, documentation, and other web-based resources
- Excited to work with a distributed and cross-functional team
- Eager to move work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a decentralized, remote work environment
- Apt to take the stairs…two at a time
Then you’re exactly the person we need. Join us in the battle to arm the world’s endpoints!
What You'll Do
- Responsible for developing API bindings and add-ons to showcase the power of our platforms
- Responsible for building integrations with other security products
- Responsible for responding to customer and partner support inquiries related to our APIs and anything we’ve produced within Developer Relations
- Responsible for creating enablement content (user guides, quick starts, sample data, etc)
- Comfortable with software development in Python
- Use source control, specifically GitHub
- Familiar with Agile, Scrum, and Sprint methodologies
- Represent Carbon Black respectfully and professionally in an outward facing way
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Applied Computer and Network Security Understanding
- Wear “multiple hats” on a fast-moving team – design and build out new functionality one day, help with operational support the next
What You'll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field required, with post-graduate degree a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with software development in at least one of the above technologies
- Experienced as an engineer/software developer with security background a plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Track record of delivering on schedule
- Familiar with Linux, Windows, and OSX
- Able to work independently and take specific instruction, switching as requested
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive cyber-security concepts and tactics, secure software development, incident response and/or computer forensics preferred.