Toronto Full Time Job --Security Job -- Software Application Security Consultant -- NodeJS, CISSP Required
Your new company
TELUS is one of the largest telecom company with an digital department leading the digital transformation of the enterprise. In this digital team with a group of highly skilled professionals across Vancouver and Toronto, we need new member to join us asap.
Your new role
As a Senior Digital Security Engineer in this team, you will ensure that the team build and maintain secure digital customer experiences. You will improve the group's overall security posture through evolving internal culture, policies and tools. You work closely with product owners, delivery teams and stakeholders to drive security awareness, and build a great human firewall as well as great secured software applications for customers. Your daily work looks like this:
What you'll need to succeed
- Helping evolve secure software development process for core web applications (both non-authenticated and authenticated experiences)
- Supporting regular vulnerability assessment and remediation activities
- ensure company information assets are protected
- Supporting and reinforcing governance related risk acceptance methods and policies
- Improving our human firewall through a variety of security awareness and education methods
- Aligning with broader Chief Security Office strategy to keep customers, team members and IT assets safe and secure
We're looking at security engineer on software applications instead of infrastructure. To be successful in this role, you need to have, besides all other experience, 3-5 years' recent digital security experience, CISSP certified, a Bachelor's Degree. You are experienced both the application & infrastructure security practice. Ideally, you 're good at Python or Node.js/React.js-you don't need anyone to code for you. As this is a large consumer data based business, you should be experienced with data governance (i.e., for digital analytics) to support the enterprise side and software development. You have business sense to combine security with business to improve customer experience. You have affinity for automating repetitive functions - everything. You're a automation geek with style. These qualifications makes you great:
What you'll get in return
- Familiar with regulatory factors governing security industry (Privacy & Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation)
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) principles (e.g., the brand implications of domain name strategy)
Joining the digital transformation of one of the largest telecom company in Canada, in the best practice team. You will gain access to data, projects or challenges you'll never see elsewhere. What's more, you're be one of those top engineer doing both software and infrastructure security. Package is up to 110K +20% Bonus plus benefits. You'll report to an inspiring and easy-going IT manager who will help your career growth. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV , or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.