At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One (yes, the “what’s in your wallet?” company!) is rethinking the way the world approaches personal investing. We’re experimenting, innovating, and delivering breakthrough experiences for 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, and ask “What if?” Oh, and we love to write code.
As a Capital One Retail Master Platform Engineer – Security, you'll work with talented cyber security, software engineering, and DevOps teams that deliver secure products and services on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications, to highly-available, highly-scalable micro-services, to back-end systems with sophisticated data pipelines. All on the cloud!
Whether ripping through false positives, reproducing and validating vulnerabilities, or providing application security guidance to the software teams, you will champion security best practices - leveraging both established security standards and creative thinking. From new features to bug fixes, you will provide security expertise to deliver the most secure, elegant and scalable solutions, all while learning and growing your skills. Most importantly, you’ll work and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
The person we're looking for:
You might notice that there’s no mention of specific languages or technologies. That’s because your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don’t
- has a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- is deliriously customer-focused and passionate about security
- values data and truth over ego
- develops strong partnerships within and across the organization
- has a strong sense of ownership, takes pride in everything delivered
- has great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Industry recognized Security certifications preferred (like, CISSP, CEH, GSEC, CISM, other.)
want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we’re doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team. But just in case, here are some buzzword-worthy tools and technologies we currently use, so the search engines can help you find us: Agile, DevOps, AWS, Docker, micro-services, API, iOS, Android, Go, Java, Scala, Clojure, C#, Security.
This position is located in Mclean, VA or NYC. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
- at least 5 years of technology experience; security engineering or security infrastructure with secure coding practices.
- Vulnerability management
- CISSP and CSP