Lead Software Engineer
Location: Ashburn, VA
Conversant may be the most important Internet Company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space solving meaningful problems on a massive scaleand having fun doing it.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Team Lead to join the Data Platform team in our Software Engineering group. You will lead and mentor a team of software engineers designing, building and deploying large scale systems. You will drive the process of defining business and technical requirements by engaging with business colleagues (product and analytics). You will develop technical solutions and processes using big data infrastructure and will identify opportunities to improve the platform and apply new technologies.
- Lead a team writing robust, high-performance, maintainable code
- Participate and lead architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over projects
- Review work and assure adherence to best standards and practices
- Work closely with business colleagues to achieve project goals
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical work experience
- 7 years of coding experience with 2 years in a similar position.
- Experience with specific "Big Data" technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with databases and data-driven applications
- Solid computer science fundamentals such as complexity analysis, data structures and software design
- Experienced with architecting, developing and extending large and complex systems
- Passionate about shipping quality high-performance code
- Problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist
- Great team worker and a great communicator
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience in training and mentoring others
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with PostgreSQL, pgplsql and Python
Apply directly [email protected]
Visit our Engineering Blog
Check our Engineering Blog