Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for troubleshooting operations issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new
product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedure. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Day-to-day technical support of MSOs, including but not limited to response to inquiries, production issues, engineering and product discussions
- Leads product development and tools development discussion and requirements gathering.
- Serves as special point of contact/SME for enterprise tech support during new product enhancements, tools enhancements. Able to identify root cause trends and further analyze deep tech data.
- Works on a Comcast specification team when needed.
- Participates in and/or serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Produces clear technical documentation, troubleshooting process documentation, "how to" guides, presentation and training material.
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organization clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates knowledge and in-depth understanding of product life cycle, and design and development projects through implementation; has advanced industry technical knowledge.
- Contributes to process improvement; involved in planning discussions.
- Provides guidance/mentoring to Engineers 1-3.
- Offers ideas of how to make the product better; identifies and solves problemsquickly/efficiently.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Will be part of regular on-call schedule providing after hours and weekend support.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- WebLogic, SQL, Cloud Technologies, Product Support, Oracle, Development
- Certifications (optional)
- CCNP, CCDP, CCENT, CCT, JNCIP
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer